A party with a remarkable difference
Take a step back in time to bygone pleasures and enjoy a different Team Building experience… a delightful mix of below-stairs industriousness and upstairs luxury. On arrival, everyone dresses as servants to do some of the household chores, perhaps prepare a dessert, have a chamber pot race, set the table, light the fire etc, with the emphasis very much on fun rather than work!
We finish with afternoon tea or dinner in the dining room—where you have the honour of being the guests at a rather grand party.
- Make a dessert – create a gastronomic delight, old-fashioned apple cake to be part of the dessert selection later (so it had better be fit for consumption!)
- Roles a-plenty and work to be done – Chambermaids, butler, footmen, laundry maids, lady’s maids … where will you fit in on the pecking order?
- Laundry Fun – just a few things have arrived downstairs in real need of some attention – carbolic soap to the rescue!
- Chamber-pot race – run run, but don’t splash a drop, teams compete for the honour of retaining as much of the contents of their pot as possible, but as fast as they can.
We then move to the dressing room and everyone changes attire to become ladies and gentlemen before moving upstairs to the drawing room for some parlour games, a dance and of course the inevitable photo shoot.
- We have costumes for servants and gentry – and the dressing up alone is quite an event – team building of a whole new variety!
- Traditional Parlour Games – we try two or three of the old favourites – try and get your colleague to squeak like a piglet (Mmmmm!)
- Victorian Dance – Forward, Forward, One, Two, Three … swing, and turn … mind those delicate toes, classical steps to separate the movers from the shakers!